Ensuring the future of elk, other wildlife, their habitat and our hunting heritage.


Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

Happy Independence Day! We forget all too often the significance of July 4 in this country. It isn’t just another day off or a long weekend. This holiday calls us all to honor the freedoms and independence we enjoy in the United States. Our freedom should not be taken lightly or for granted. Much was sacrificed for us to enjoy the freedom we have. Let’s honor it and protect it for all who follow us.

As Lee Greenwood so famously crooned (see video below) in his 1984 patriotic hit, “And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.”

On behalf of the RMEF, please enjoy your freedoms and this special American holiday. Be safe. God bless the USA!






M. David Allen
RMEF President/CEO


No comments:

Post a Comment