Ensuring the future of elk, other wildlife, their habitat and our hunting heritage.


Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Battle-Tested Rut Warrior

Below is a photo and its story that the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation received from John Wheland.

When I receive my issue of Bugle I always go to the photos section first as I am an avid wildlife photographer as well as a hunter. As I looked through the "Bonus Points" section in the current issue I took particular notice of a shot taken by Dave Irwin. I have an image of the same bull probably taken a year later. This bull had the same point broken off two years in a row. My image is of interest because it was taken moments after the fight and the point is still hanging from the main beam. I doubt I will ever get a shot like this again.

John Wheland
Roseburg, Or.




No comments:

Post a Comment