Contact Your House Representatives
The U.S. House of Representatives is scheduled to vote on an important bill this week that would help preserve our outdoor traditions. The Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreation Enhancement (SHARE) Act of 2015 (H.R. 2406) revises a variety of existing programs to expand access to, and opportunities for, hunting, fishing and recreational shooting.
SHARE Act highlights:
· Makes existing exemption from EPA regulation for lead shot permanent, adds lead tackle as an exempted product
· Extends/increases states’ authority to allocate Pittman-Robertson funding for acquiring land for expanding/constructing public shooting ranges
· Requires Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and U.S. Forest Service (USFS) lands be open for hunting, fishing and recreational shooting unless specifically closed
· Requires U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (FWS) to consider the priority public uses as hunting and fishing when adding new lands to National Wildlife Refuge System
· Provides for the use of volunteers from the hunting community to cull excess animals on BLM, USFS, FWS and National Park System lands
Go here to see the full text of the bill.
Find your representative and his/her contact information here.
Our combined involvement as sportsmen and women in this process will ensure the future of our hunting heritage and our outdoor way of life. Thank you for being engaged and making a difference.
RMEF President & CEO