Ensuring the future of elk, other wildlife, their habitat and our hunting heritage.


Wednesday, February 22, 2017

'One of My Treasures'

Eugene in the field
We received the photos and letter below from a long-time member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.

I thought I would share this artwork of your last Bugle issue's cover (March/April 2017). My 90-year-old father, Eugene F. Bowlin Sr., drew it for me. I love it! It is one of many treasures he has given me over the years!

He built me my first elk bugle and then taught me how to "Speak the language!"


My dad and I elk hunted for years together up until last season!  The photo below of me smooching him is when he handed me down his bow.

Carol Ann Zon
RMEF Member
March-April Bugle magazine cover on the left & Eugene's artwork on the right


Carol and her father Eugene


No comments:

Post a Comment